Apopka Raptors would like to congratulate the following candidates on their win for the following positions:
- President - Ulaine Holliday
- Secretary - Bernadine West
- Director of Cheer - Christina Chandler
- Equipment Manager - Sophia Montague
- Interim Treasurer - Misti Montesano
- Interim Director of Football - Derron Chandler
The Board will make an appointment for the following positions:
- Must be a member in good standing (fees paid and no code of conduct violations)
- Must attend all board meeting, year-round (Jan- Dec)
- Must be willing to stay the entire day (setup-breakdown) for all home games
**Experience preferred but not required.**
If you would like to help make a difference, please submit a letter of interest that includes your experience (if any), how you have helped the organization, and how you plan to contribute to the success of the organization.
Treasurer. The Treasurer shall:
- Perform such duties as are herein specifically set forth and such duties as are customarily incident to the Office of Treasurer or may be assigned by the Executive Board.
- Receive all monies and securities, and deposit it in the depository approved by the Executive Board within 72 hours of receipt.
- Keep records for the receipt and disbursement of all monies and securities, approve all payments from allotted funds and draw checks therefore in agreement with policies established in advance of such actions by the Executive Board. All disbursements by checks must have dual signatures. The signatures will be those of the Treasurer, President and/or Vice President.
- Be the Budget Committee Chairperson under the direction of the President and Executive Board and prepare budgets for Football and Cheerleading for submission to the Executive Board and the Membership at the Annual Meeting.
- Prepare an annual financial report, under the direction of the President, for submission to the Executive Board and the Membership at the Annual Meeting.
- Act as the Purchasing Agent for APOPKA RAPTORS.
- Coordinate and file financial statements with all local, state and federal revenue departments as required.
- Coordinate Grants as needed.
- Coordinate the By Laws with the Executive Board.
- Coordinate the Team Moms.
- Work with the Secretary and Team Moms to ensure payments, proper paperwork and teambooks.
- Coordinate with the Secretary the Coaches and Team Mom applications for certification.i.e. backgroundchecks/fingerprints.
- Attend all APOPKA RAPTORS Board Meeting
Director of Football. The Director of Football shall:
Perform such duties as are herein specifically set forth and such duties as are customarily incident to the Office of Director of Football or may be assigned by the Executive Board.
- Be a member of the Budget Committee.
- Interview and investigate prospective coaches for appointment and subsequent approval by the Executive Board for the five (5) different Football Divisions. Review Assistant Coach nominees.
- Conduct the participant registration(s) and certification.
- Outline a recruitment strategy.
- Appoint an Assistant
- Receive and review applications for participant candidates and assist the President in checking age eligibility for football participants.
- Implement a Football Program (All Teams).
- Hold coaches' meetings.
- Conduct Coaches training in football and rules that govern APOPKA RAPTORS and AAU/FYFCL play.
- Be responsible for Coordinating with the Equipment Manager.
- Attend all APOPKA RAPTORS Board Meetings.
Fundraising Coordinator. The Fundraising Coordinator shall:
Perform such duties as are herein specifically set forth and such duties as are customarily incident to the Office of Fundraising Coordinator or may be assigned by the Executive Board
- Coordinate all fundraising activities, including individual and corporate donations, sponsorships for participants, and corporate volunteer matching programs.
- Coordinate co-fundraising events.
- Develop and establish, with board approval, an annual fundraising plan.
- Participate in annual budget planning, focusing specifically on costs related to fundraising.
- Administer events designed to raise money for the program.
- Coordinate with sponsors to obtain logos for Apopka Raptor's website.
- Reach out to local businesses to solicit financial support for Apopka Raptors.
- Reach out to the community to solicit donations and sponsorships.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the fundraising efforts and identifies methods of enhancing fundraising activities for next year.